Are you a new car owner? Are you looking forward to keeping your ride for a long time? If yes, be sure to avail of the right car care routines. Car maintenance could also vary based on the model and brand of the vehicle. Specifically, the kind of service Peugeot and other car brands need isn’t just one, but three–interim, full, and major. What’s the difference between these three types? Check out the details below.
Interim Car Care
This is an entry-level service best for high-mileage drivers. Done two times per year, this service is for drivers covering 20,000 miles annually. Typically, the interim car service deals Brisbane dealerships offer include the following:
- Inspection of main car components
- Check and maintenance for the tyres, lights, lubrication of moving parts
- A thorough inspection for the engine, brakes, and fluids
- Change for the filter and oil filter
- Check for the vehicle interior, such as the seat belts, service light, clutch operation
- Checks for the vehicle exterior, such as for the boot operations, doors, and fuel cap
- Visual brake check
- Under-the-hood checks, such as for the brake pipes, catch operation, coolant level, and electrics (e.g., starter motor, alternator, battery)
Full Car Service
The full service Peugeot cars should undergo is more comprehensive than the interim package. However, it’s not as comprehensive as the major car care routine. This is done every 12,000 miles or 12 months. Moreover, it is ideal for car owners with lower mileage per year and only needs annual maintenance checks for their vehicle. Click here Brisbane City Peugeot
This routine covers the following:
- Change for the air filter and fuel filter
- Check for the coolant hose and radiator
- Inspection for the aircon system
- Tests for the electrical components (e.g., start motor, battery, and alternator)
- Inspection for the shock absorber and wheel bearings
An auto service Brisbane providers offer full car service with a wider check coverage and option for replacement parts. They also provide this, on top of the inspections in the interim care routines.
Major Car Service
This is the most comprehensive of all the Brisbane car service packages. Done every 24,000 miles or 2 years, a major car service covers almost everything offered in the full car service package plus recommendations on which parts to replace.
Following the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule, this package includes the following services:
- Cabin filter, spark plug, and brake fluid change
- Check for the steering, shock absorbers, wheel alignment, charging system, and suspension, battery, exhaust
- Check and top-up for the power steering fluid, windscreen wash, and anti-freeze coolant
- Pressure and tyre tread check
Regular car care is necessary to maintain your vehicle’s performance on the road. Therefore, be sure to read your car manufacturer’s maintenance schedule to keep up with this task. Moreover, always refer to a reliable provider of a car service Peugeot and other brands need.
If you’re in Brisbane, you might like to consider the services of Brisbane City Peugeot, a company that has been providing car care, financing, insurance, spare parts and dealership services.